Friday, January 18, 2013

Shabby Chic Jewery Holder


January's Design Team challenge is Ice.

When I think of ice I think of diamonds...maybe because that is my birthstone,maybe because they are just so darn sparkly...

Whichever the case,I decided to make an upcycled jewery holder.

Most of the time my stuff is jumbled in a ball in a drawer so I thought I would maybe also get some organizing done.

I started with a cheap(75c) item from the thrift shop.I think it was meant to hold keys.


 

I painted the whole thing a couple times with white paint.
Once dry I sanded all the edges and roughed it all up,exposing wood grain below.



Next I took my TH ink pads and rubbed them across the flat sections and corners to distress it a bit.
I rubbed brown ink along the edges also to give it an aged look.




Then after choosing my papers,I glued them all down on the flat surfaces and began embellishing.


This paper line is Lost and Found~MME.I love it and it will go perfectly in my daughters room..oh ya did I mention,this will never hold all my stuff so I gave it to Emma.




I also used a paper towel holder to match that will hold her bracelets.
I used the same technique and wrapped paper around the post.I also added some detail to the bottom.

I love how this turned out and it was so easy.I plan to make one for myself but maybe on a bigger scale.





1 comment:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!! This is really an amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete